In Baja, we strive to create a diverse team comprised of students of all majors and backgrounds. We accept all skill levels and degrees of experience. We are in this to learn from each other, so don't be bashful. Our goal is to gain experience in design, manufacturing, business, and racing, and there's no prior experience necessary!
We are currently seeking members interested in:
- Engineering Design (use of CAD modeling software and other tools)
- Chassis and Component Fabrication (welding, machining, etc.)
- Business Administration (marketing, budget accounting, PR)
- Graphic Design (website, posters, car body paneling)
- Landscaping (track design and layout)
- Project Management (deadlines, requirements)
Being a member of the Baja Team is a big commitment of your time and skills, as we depend on our members to take responsibility for their projects, seek out the necessary help to perform the task, and complete it on time. It takes a lot of effort, but the skills learned and the enjoyment of building a successful Baja vehicle makes it worth it.
If you are interested in seeing what the Baja Team is like, feel free to contact either Ben Moninger (email@example.com) with any questions about how to join.
Come out to our weekly meetings held at the Center for Automotive Research (CAR) at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays to see what the team is like. Sub-team meetings also occur virtually every night of the week.